“It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.”
– Henry Ward Beecher
- Don’t wait for validation. (Big lesson I had to learn and still learning in some regards…) Not everyone has your best interest at heart. In fact, most don’t.
- Don’t be afraid to follow your mind.
- Don’t be afraid to march to your own beat. Stay true.
- Don’t be afraid to make something of yourself. And make yourself the way you want.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or ask someone whom you admire – with a positive track record – what’s your secret? How’d you do it? Now that is wisdom.
If you don’t know the answer to something. But you want to know – and you don’t ask – then what? You hope it will come around next time? I know you’ve seen or heard of the show 24, a lot can happen in 24 hours that can change your tomorrow and your forever. So while you have now – make it count.
- Don’t be afraid of the words: hard work, no, long hours, networking and planning. Learn how to maneuver. Adjust accordingly.
Go forward. Think back. Then go further. You may have to stand still. Slow down – glance back – but don’t make it a habit. Let that be a memory or a reminder – not your present. Been there. Done that. Let it fuel you because you can’t go back. Obviously, you didn’t like it. Change is – doing what’s necessary to make your life a little bit better. Healthier, Happier and Hopeful. Improve.
You either love your life right now because it’s exactly how you want it and the best it can be OR it’s time to get real with yourself, go off to a place where you can think, be honest about what you want to do and put some plans down to make it happen. Don’t commit to anything (or anyone) else until you commit YOU! #realness #bloomtip
Never stop caring. Please don’t ignore the frustration or confusion. It’s not going to go away until you connect the desire with the action. Every decision has a choice, every choice has a consequence. Bloom.
My girl Janelle said it best ….
Make everyday jazzy!! Like James Brown said, “Don’t let nobody take care of your business better than you.”